The best guacamole is easy-peasy to prepare and the perfect mix of avocado, lime and cilantro. Give it a try and tell me what you think!
How to store it
Probably the only downside to fresh guac, if it's even possible to suggest there is a downside, is how to store leftovers. Avocados tend to turn brown shortly after you peel them, and even adding plenty of fresh lime juice tends to just slow the eventual browning But there is hope! To save or serve later, dash a few squeezes of lime juice of the top of the prepared guacamole and place plastic wrap directly on top of the surface then refrigerate. The plastic wrap will keep it picture perfect (no browning) and totally fresh. It will store beautifully for several days.
The Best Guacamole
- 2 large ripe avocados peeled and diced into a medium bowl
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt - or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper - or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato finely chopped
- Mash avocados ( I use a potato masher) and add lime juice. Stir to blend the juice with all of the avocado. Add remaining ingredients and mix gently to combine. Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!
Please note, the nutrition details are estimated using a food database and are offered here only as a guideline for informational purposes.