Jalapeno Bacon Mummies are a fun, "eye-appealing" appetizer that will steal the show at your Halloween party. This whimsical version of jalapeño poppers is stuffed with bacon and two types of cheese. Serve with Corn Dog Nuggets and Grown Up Pigs in a Blanket for a tasty appetizer round.
Ingredients to Have on Hand
Jalapeño Bacon Mummies are easy to make and so much fun to serve! I love the reaction they get when I share them with guests.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- Jalapeño peppers, 8-10
- Cream cheese, 8-ounce package
- Bacon, I like to take a shortcut here and use packaged Hormel Real Bacon
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Candy eyeballs
Substitutions for Candy Eyeballs
The candy, mummy eyeballs are easy to find. Most craft stores carry them. Or, you can use this link to order them.
But the mummies will still look cute with other options.
Pro Tip: Try frozen peas, sliced olives or chopped pieces of red or green pepper as a substitute for the candy eyes.
You can mix the cream cheese filling ahead of time and stuff the peppers in advance. Just cover them and store them in the refrigerator the day before you plan to serve them.
But I highly recommend wrapping the peppers with the crescent roll dough shortly before you plan to bake the mummies.
This ensures proper baking time and a flaky crust.
I've made these using goat cheese. The taste was great, but the goat cheese didn't hold up as well in the heat of the oven and melted a little too much.
I recommend using cream cheese. But if you try a cream cheese substitute and love the result please let me know in the comments.
Delicious Any Time of the Year
While these Jalapeño Bacon Mummies have a distinctive look that's perfect and so fun for Halloween, this is a delicious appetizer that can be served any time of year. Simply leave the candy eyeballs off.
Make it a Party
Below are more ideas of what to share at your next gathering.
- Make my Corn Dog Nuggets and serve them with spicy mustard and delicious Portland ketchup - a Northwest favorite ketchup.
- For a sweet touch, add Fancy Rice Krispie Treats to the party spread. These taste a little like an orange creamsicle and kids love them.
- Or try my all-time favorite fall dessert, Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars which taste like a creamy pumpkin pie but serve like a brownie.
This recipe was inspired by one found in Woman's Day magazine online, Sept. 2016.
If you tried Jalapeno Bacon Mummies or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below.