This is the BEST dipping oil recipe! Who needs butter? Your favorite olive oil and a few spices make a great combination to serve with bread. Packed with flavor, this is a big hit every time I serve it. Whether as an appetizer or alongside the main meal - either way with plenty of warm bread, this dipping oil is restaurant quality.
You'll want to use bread with a sturdy crust. Think baguette! I recommend French or Italian breads as the best option for dipping. Just make sure the bread is either warm or toasted, though the dipping oil is served at room temperature.
How to Store Dipping Oil
Here's the deal, once we add fresh garlic to olive oil it is meant to be served right away. Enjoy every drop right then and there! But if you have any leftovers, you should refrigerate them. They'll stay fresh in the fridge for about a week. Leaving it out and at room temperature for hour and hours beyond serving time is a big no-no.
Bread Dipping Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil light olive oil is best, but any olive oil works fine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar optional
- Crush garlic into the bowl you plan to serve from. Add spices and olive oil and stir to combine. Allow a few minutes for the flavors to blend, then serve right away. The balsamic vinegar is just an option and adds a bit of tang - the sauce is delicious either way. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Please note, the nutrition details are estimated using a food database and are offered here only as a guideline for informational purposes.